Sunday, January 30, 2011

We're Still Here!




Randon and I spent the summer in Virginia. He had an internship with Ernst and Young. It was a great summer and it only furthered my love for the best city in the U.S.-- Washington D.C. of course.



We did lots of fun things this summer. This is us at a National's game. Obviously.

We went to Mt. Vernon. I may have enjoyed this one a little more than Randon. I love this kind of stuff!

This was a very friendly donkey. We bonded.

For the 4th of July, we decided to do it up big and go downtown. Everyone says that you only need to do it once in your life because it's so crazy. I disagree. It's all about where you sit. I guess if you were to try to find a spot on the Mall, you would have a hard time. We sat on the steps of the Jefferson Memorial. It was a beautiful view and it wasn't too crowded. (Yes, I realize that we match-- Randon was a little embarrassed, but I thought it was cute.)

On the steps before the show.

This is us on our two year anniversary. Randon took me out to a nice dinner in downtown Leesburg. We went to Lightfoot, which is a restaurant in what used to be a bank. The building was beautiful and old fashioned. It was great!

Us in front of the Washington D.C. Temple.

All in all, it was a great summer. Many thanks to Randon's parents for housing and feeding us. We had a blast in the "concrete suite."

Randon got a full-time offer with E&Y! We expect to start in the fall. Anyone have any good housing suggestions?




8 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a good summer. When is Randon done with school? Is the permanent job also in D.C.?

    PS. If you guys are driving when you move out that way and want to make a pit stop in Denver, let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Back! Love to see you and K Rowe online these days. AND, you look so so pretty in that anniversary picture. Way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have inspired me to post a blog entry... I love the summer pictures. I think the Randon expressions are the best. ha. Miss you guys! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of us. And, sad you will be leaving us for DC this summer. A bit jealous as well? Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is epic. Next time, don't get so behind, okay?

    I'm sad I missed you the other week, but glad you'll be an east-coaster soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you finally blogged again!!! I miss being your neighbor and seeing you whenever! geesh!

    ReplyDelete